|Observe the Naming Conventions when naming your files.
Place completed work online in Hand_In folder of Digi Paint course in the ADM Digital Animation folder.
Expectations of this course
The expectations of this course are:
- That you have demonstrated technical competence in all key aspects of Photoshop practice. See Key Technical Skills for a brief outline of these skills.
- That your file is organised according to the DT2012 'house style'. See Naming Conventions for details.
- That all your research and reference material are presented in an orderly and consistant manner.
- That necessary assignments have been completed.
- That you have demonstrated competence in keys aspects of pictorial skills. See this microsite for an introduction of what these might be. Clearly, given the nature of the topic, these are to an extent negotiable, according to the particular aims of your creative output.
- That your creative output is original and engaging.
- That you have demonstrated engagement with the course. This might be through asking questions in class, the seeking of consultations or suchlike.
|01_Basic.psd||Make a PS file with the following attributes:
The subject matter should be something unexpected. Consider: transformation, the hybrid, juxtaposition, fantasy etc.
|At least: Key Items, Blend Modes, and the blend_modes.psd, simple_file.psd and skull_small.psd in Assets.|
|02_Photo_Reference.psd||Using reference photos taken from life, make a composite. This is the assignment where we used a model in the life room. Students who joined after this point may use their own source photos. Things to remember:
This assignment address the importance of using well taken source photos, and also composition.
|Taking a Photo|
|03_Maya_PaintEffects.psd||Render out from Maya Paint Effects an image. Integrate this into a digital painting or composite.
ASK FOR HELP IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE!!!.
|04_Piranesi.psd||[Piranesi https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=piranesi&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=nTRiU6-oAo648gXzt4HQDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1613&bih=744] was a master of romantic perspectival space. Using one of his drawings as reference, go crazy. Things to remember:
||Check out the notes on my perspective and landscape talks in the Assets section.|
||Keep in good contact with me.|